Article 5: LISTING PROCEDURES
- Only properties subject to a ratified listing agreement and pre-marketing addendum may be entered under the Coming Soon Coming Soon listings are subject to the requirements set forth in this Section 5.1 and must be entered into the Matrix system under the Coming Soon status within three (3) days of the Listing Agreement ratification by the Seller or one (1) day of public marketing, whichever comes first.
- Listings under the Coming Soon listing status are only available to Virginia MLS Cooperative Participants and Subscribers.
- This status is not included in IDX or Data feeds.
- Listings under Coming Soon Status may not be shown. In the event that a Seller agrees to allow a Coming Soon listing to be shown the listing status must be changed to Active prior to the showing.
- Days on Market (DOM) do not accrue while a listing is under the Coming Soon listing status
- You must include an Expected On-Market Date when using the Coming Soon listing status. This is the date when you expect your listing to be Active in the Matrix system. This date cannot exceed 21 days from the listing ratification date. The listing will move to an active status on the Expected On-Market Date. If the listing is not ready for an active status upon the expiration of the Coming Soon period consider using the Temp Withdrawn listing status.
- Listings under Coming Soon Status must have a List price and offer of cooperative compensation.
- Because a Listing under the Coming Soon status will have an MLS number, the listing agent will be able to add virtual tours, marketing materials, and listing documents ahead of time.
- No listing, including a listing that was once under the Coming Soon status, can revert back to the Coming Soon status. The same listing agent may not relist a property as a Coming Soon listing unless the property has been off market for 90 days or more.
←Back to the Table of Contents