(a) A Virtual Office Website (“VOW”) is a Participant’s Internet website, or a feature of a Participant’s website, through which the Participant is capable of providing real estate brokerage services to consumers with whom the Participant has first established a broker-consumer relationship (as defined by state law) where the consumer has the opportunity to search MLS Listing Information, subject to the Participant’s oversight, supervision, and accountability. A non-principal broker or sales licensee affiliated with a Participant may, with his or her Participant’s consent, operate a VOW. Any VOW of a non-principal broker or sales licensee is subject to the Participant’s oversight, supervision, and accountability.
(b) As used in the section of these Rules, the term “Participant” includes a Participant’s affiliated non-principal brokers and sales licensees – except when the term is used in the phrases “Participant’s consent” and “Participant’s oversight, supervision, and accountability”. References to “VOW” and “VOWs” include all VOWs, whether operated by a Participant, by a non-principal broker or sales licensee, or by an Affiliated VOW Partner (“AVP”) on behalf of a Participant.
(c) “Affiliated VOW Partner” (“AVP”) refers to an entity or person designated by a Participant to operate a VOW on behalf of the Participant, subject to the Participant’s supervision, accountability and compliance with the VOW Policy. No AVP has independent participation rights in the MLS by virtue of its right to receive information on behalf of a Participant. No AVP has the right to use MLS Listing Information except in connection with operation of a VOW on behalf of one or more Participants. Access by an AVP to MLS Listing Information is derivative of the rights of the Participant on whose behalf the AVP operates a VOW.
(d) As used in in this section, the term “MLS Listing Information” refers to active Listing information and sold data provided by Participants to the MLS and aggregated and distributed by the MLS to Participants.Article 10: VIRTUAL OFFICE WEBSITE “VOW” POLICIES
- Section 10.1 VOW Defined
- Section 10.2 MLS Listing Display
- Section 10.3 Retrieval of Data
- Section 10.4 Contact Information Requirement
- Section 10.5 MLS Listing Information Security
- Section 10.6 Internet and Address Display
- Section 10.7 Comments and AVM’s
- Section 10.8 Responsibility to Maintain Accurate Information
- Section 10.9 Requirement to Refresh MLS Listing Information
- Section 10.10 Limitation of Use
- Section 10.12 Criteria for Excluding Listings
- Section 10.13 MLS Notification Requirement
- Section 10.14 Participant Accountability
- Section 10.15 Restricted Information
- Section 10.16 Manipulation of MLS Listing information
- Section 10.17 Disclaimer Requirement
- Section 10.18 Co-Branding of MLS Information
- Section 10.19 Information from Other Sources
- Section 10.20 License Agreement Required