a. Keys and lockboxes may be used on properties listed with CVR MLS Participant firms and must be used on the property when so indicated on the published Listing.
b. Lockboxes are normally programmed to exclude entry between 9:00 pm and 7:00 am EST and 10:00 pm to 8:00 am DST. Properties listed in MLS that are programmed for 24 hours entry or timed access should have “24 HR” or appropriate notation of timed access as the leading entry in line one of the remarks in the MLS Listing.
c. Lockboxes that have been programmed for CBS (Call Before Showing) should be so indicated in the MLS Listing and on the box itself. In no case shall CBS codes be published or distributed. CBS codes are confidential and should only be provided on a case-by-case basis according to the needs of the specific transaction.
d. When leaving a property, it is the responsibility of the Agent to ensure that the property key is replaced in the lockbox and that the lockbox is properly closed. If a lockbox is found not properly closed, the agent should contact the Listing Broker immediately. The Listing Broker/Agent should read the lockbox. The last person found to have entered the property (provided this was not the agent to report the violation) will be held responsible.
e. Care should be taken when entering a property by use of a Key. The property should be left in the same condition in which it was found. It is common courtesy for an agent (even when previewing) to leave a business card in the property. Should an agent find a property left in an unsatisfactory condition it should be immediately reported to the Listing Participant.
f. Lockboxes shall be removed within 48 hours of listing expiration, termination or settlement. Lockboxes not removed within 48 hours of listing expiration, termination or settlement may be deemed abandoned, at the sole discretion of CVR MLS.ARTICLE 12: SUPRA Lockbox and Keyholder Rules
- Section 12.1 Definitions
- Section 12.2 SUPRA Lockbox and Key Services
- Section 12.2.1 Lockbox Ownership
- Section 12.2.2 License to Use
- Section 12.2.3 Use Restrictions
- Section 12.2.4 Refusal to Issue Key and Other Actions
- Section 12.2.5 Security of Lockbox Key and Property Key
- Section 12.2.6 Lost or Stolen Key
- Section 12.2.7 Audit and Inspection
- Section 12.2.8 Violations Related to Ethics Complaints and Arbitration Requests
- Section 12.2.9 Fines and Penalties
- Section 12.2.10 Designated REALTOR® and Key Holder Responsibilities
- Section 12.2.11 PIN and Shackle Code Requests
- Section 12.2.12 Action to Enforce
- Section 12.2.13 Authorization Requirement
- Section 12.2.14 Costs and Fees
- Section 12.2.15 Resale of Lockboxes
- Section 12.2.16 Proper Use of Key System
- Section 12.2.17 Multiple Keys