Prior to installing or using the Lockbox on any property, the holder shall secure written authorization from the owner of such property. Upon request, Holder shall provide CVR MLS with a copy of the written authorization from the owner.
Holder shall include in a Listing agreement or other agreement signed by the owners of such property prior to installation and use of this system a provision whereby the owner(s) acknowledges the risk of using the system and releases CVR MLS and the Richmond Association of REALTORS® (RAR), the Southside Virginia Association of REALTORS® (SVAR) and the South Central Association of REALTORS® (SCAR) and the officers, directors, members, employees, independent contractors and agents of CVR MLS and of RAR, SVAR, and SCAR from any and all liability in connection with the use of the Lockbox System.
Seller Authorization Language
Lockbox: The Owner requests does not request (CHECK ONE) the installation and use of a CVR MLS SUPRA lockbox on said Property. The Owner is aware and understands that a lockbox is a means by which persons who have authorized access to said lockbox keys may gain entrance. The Owner hereby jointly and severally releases and forever discharges the Broker and all other persons who have authorized access to said lockbox keys from all liability, obligations, causes of action, claims and demands whatsoever which the Owner may have by virtue of the installation and use of such lockbox. Owner agrees to notify tenant in writing, if any, of intended use of lockbox.
- Section 12.1 Definitions
- Section 12.2 SUPRA Lockbox and Key Services
- Section 12.2.1 Lockbox Ownership
- Section 12.2.2 License to Use
- Section 12.2.3 Use Restrictions
- Section 12.2.4 Refusal to Issue Key and Other Actions
- Section 12.2.5 Security of Lockbox Key and Property Key
- Section 12.2.6 Lost or Stolen Key
- Section 12.2.7 Audit and Inspection
- Section 12.2.8 Violations Related to Ethics Complaints and Arbitration Requests
- Section 12.2.9 Fines and Penalties
- Section 12.2.10 Designated REALTOR® and Key Holder Responsibilities
- Section 12.2.11 PIN and Shackle Code Requests
- Section 12.2.12 Action to Enforce
- Section 12.2.13 Authorization Requirement
- Section 12.2.14 Costs and Fees
- Section 12.2.15 Resale of Lockboxes
- Section 12.2.16 Proper Use of Key System
- Section 12.2.17 Multiple Keys