If a Key Holder requests a new PIN or has forgotten their PIN, they must appear personally at CVR MLS’s office and produce appropriate identification.
a. Appropriate identification shall consist of a valid Virginia Driver’s License (or in the absence thereof a valid picture ID) and Holder’s Virginia Real Estate License (pocket copy).
b. Should a Lockbox owner need to obtain a shackle code, the lockbox owner or Designated REALTOR for the Subscriber/owner may call and giving their Key PIN to staff. Staff may then release the shackle code via telephone. Staff may only release shackle codes for Lockboxes owned by the caller or the Designated REALTOR® CVR MLS assumes no responsibility for lost or stolen Lockboxes or their contents.
- Section 12.1 Definitions
- Section 12.2 SUPRA Lockbox and Key Services
- Section 12.2.1 Lockbox Ownership
- Section 12.2.2 License to Use
- Section 12.2.3 Use Restrictions
- Section 12.2.4 Refusal to Issue Key and Other Actions
- Section 12.2.5 Security of Lockbox Key and Property Key
- Section 12.2.6 Lost or Stolen Key
- Section 12.2.7 Audit and Inspection
- Section 12.2.8 Violations Related to Ethics Complaints and Arbitration Requests
- Section 12.2.9 Fines and Penalties
- Section 12.2.10 Designated REALTOR® and Key Holder Responsibilities
- Section 12.2.11 PIN and Shackle Code Requests
- Section 12.2.12 Action to Enforce
- Section 12.2.13 Authorization Requirement
- Section 12.2.14 Costs and Fees
- Section 12.2.15 Resale of Lockboxes
- Section 12.2.16 Proper Use of Key System
- Section 12.2.17 Multiple Keys